Home (Spotlight) | TOC
| Products & Ordering | Technical
Info | Contact Zeus
(Last substantive change to this page made July 24, 1997)
zLaunch for Mac and Windows
Copyright © 1996-1997. Zeus
Productions. All Rights Reserved
Check out the zLaunch User's
Guides in HTML format.
zLaunch seamlessly launches other applications from Director:
- Do you need to launch other applications or documents?
- Are you tired of the flashing desktop?
- Are you running low on RAM using Lingo's
Then zLaunch is for you!
Refer to our Needs Analysis FAQ to determine if
zLaunch or some other tool is right for you.
zLaunch facilitates launching executables from Director. It allows you to
quit Director, so you can launch demos even in low RAM situations, and then
restart Director when the launched executable completes.
While the launched application is running, zLaunch covers the desktop, similar
to a Projector running in "full-screen" mode.
zLaunch allows you to use Director as a front
end to a software sampler or other executables such as demos, ReadMe
files, Acrobat PDF
files, or a web browser.
zLaunch allows you to:
- Cover the desktop between applications
- Quit Director to free up RAM for the sub-launched application.
- Launch an application, with an optional document, and wait for it
- Return seamlessly to Director when your application finishes
zLaunch is truly amazing, and is available for both Macintosh and Windows
Pricing & Availability:
Platforms: Macintosh (68K/PowerMac), Windows (Win 3.1 /Win 95)
Supports: Director 6.0 for Macintosh and Windows (Director 5.0.1
and 4.0.4 also supported)
zLaunch is sold separately for Macintosh and Windows. The latest versions
include terrific documentation, examples and a step-by-step troubleshooting
guide, plus enhanced functionality over earlier versions.
Each package includes either five or ten Run-Time distribution licenses.
Each of the five run-time distribution licenses allows you to distribute
zLaunch with an unlimited number of copies of a single product, such as
a CD. See our licensing information
Single Platform (either Macintosh or Windows) $299 US
Cross-Platform (both Macintosh and Windows) $499 US
- Standard Pricing:
- Single-Platform (either Mac or Windows) Royalty Free
for 5 projects: $299 US
- Cross-Platform (both Mac and Windows) 2 x 5-license
pack: $499 US
- Also available:
- Single-Platform (either Mac or Windows) Royalty Free for
10 projects: $499 US
- Cross-Platform (both Mac and Windows) 2 x 10-license pack:
- Single-Platform (either Mac or Windows) Unlimited Royalty
Free License: $1,895 US
- Cross-Platform (both Mac and Windows) Unlimited Royalty
Free License: $3,495 US
zLaunch offers numerous benefits over Lingo's
zLaunch Features & Benefits
Most notably, zLaunch:
- Covers the Windows or Macintosh desktop while the application
is launched seamlessly without a disconcerting flash.
- Free up precious RAM, by allowing you to quit your projector,
and re-start it when the launched application finishes.
- Traps mouse clicks while the application is starting up, while
it is running and when relaunching the projector to prevent errant clicks
from bringing other applications forward.
- Keeps the border around the application covered (similar to
a Director projector in "full-screen" mode, or the Rear Window
XObject) when the application is running.
- Reduces or eliminates palette and resource conflicts between
Director and the launched application.
- Sets the working
directory for the launched applications under Windows .
- Launches an application with an optional document. zLaunch
for Macintosh will launch an by its Creator
Code without knowing the application's location. (zOpen
for Windows includes similar functionality)
- On the Macintosh, if the application is already open, zLaunch can
pass it a new document. (zOpen for Windows
includes similar functionality)
For many more details, consult the zLaunch FAQs.
You can also view the zLaunch for Windows
User's Guide and the zLaunch for Macintosh
Home (Spotlight) | Table
of Contents | Links | Contact
Place an Order | Products
for Sale | Licensing | Downloads
TechNotes | FAQs
| E-Mail Zeus | GuestBook
Copyright © 1996-1997. Zeus
Productions. All Rights Reserved.
(This page last revised July 24, 1997)